What you need to know about the ongoing battle over reproductive rights and reproductive justice:
- ““This is not the way to reduce or end abortion. All it does is add to the suffering of a grieving family. And it is cruel.”
- Sensationalizing this tragic story is wrong, as the fabulous Amanda Marcotte notes.)
Anti-choicers would have you believe that women abort at 33 weeks because they’re bopping along, being too dumb for basic rational thought—this is assumed to be a standard trait in women—when an evil abortion provider lures them through tightly-honed seduction techniques into getting an abortion.
- Ladies, if you have given birth, you’ve had an an organ with organs removed. See also this link.
- Not really news (sadly enough): ” One thing abstinence-only sex education does stop? The use of birth control when teens inevitably do have sex.”
- Michigan, why? Just why? Transvaginal ultrasounds are soooooooooooooo last year.
- “Right now it’s a victory for life.” Um, upon reading, it sounds like a victory for choice. No one wants a coerced abortion. A
- A new study about parent’s attitude toward birth control is alarming. See how parents answered when asked, “If your teen’s doctor found out your daughter was having sex, is it acceptable or unacceptable to you for the doctor to provide birth control to your teen confidentially?”
- Depressing news from Wisconsin.
- New York was ahead of the time pre-Roe. Looks like the Empire State still is ahead.
- My friend Heather is awesome. She’s the only person I’ve met who is interested in the history of reproductive rights. Check out her amazing artwork.