Good evening, Evergreeners!
It’s my pleasure to host tonight’s up late edition, brought to you by . . . limes, coconuts and Mr. Harry Nilsson! (Are limes and coconuts mixed together kosher for Passover?)
- Speaking of “silly woman”, this article lead me to realize I’m supposed to be a lesbian. Why am I always last to know?
- Philosophers are cool folks. Sure, I’m biased, but A Slap in the Face: Why Insults Hurt — And Why They Shouldn’t looks like a very entertaining book about insults. Composed and collected by a philosopher, no less.
- Sometimes there is no answer to why you do the creative stuff you do, and that’s perfectly acceptable. (I’m printing out this article the next time I get “that look” from my partner.)
- . . . Science verifies the possibility of a spontaneously Burning Bush as mentioned in the Old Testament . . . (Classicists may recall that this plant is mentioned in the Aeneid.)
- Any bets on when North Dakota will realize that the the rulings of the Supreme Court apply to their state?
- This is serious but well worth the time. More and more Americans are unfit for work. WHY the dramatic increase?
- How NOT to compliment cooking. “This is delicious” would have been sufficient.
- “Typhoid Mary” was permanantly quaranteened 98 years ago today.
- ACTION ALERT! Read about CISPA, educate your friends and family, and let’s work to stop this. (Again.)
Well, I’m off to read. I hope you enjoyed this list, and let me leave you with this most clever advertisement from craigslist.